- Project Feeder Watch starts and extends until April, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- Common Loons and Tundra Swans begin to appear.
- Numbers swell for wintering owls such as Saw-whet, Long-eared and Short-eared Owls.
- Eastern Monarch Butterflies reach their central Mexican overwintering sites starting in November.
- Peak number of Sandhill Cranes at Michigan sanctuaries (Phyllis Haenhle and Baker) by the end of the month.
- Beavers are very active in the evenings while caching a winter supply of food.
- Waterfowl migration peaks this month.
- Open water is important if there's an early freeze. Put out heated bird baths for a winter water source.
- Bald Eagle migration peaks.
- Leonid meteor shower is mid-month.