We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
20241 Hall Rd
Macomb, MI 48044
Phone: (586) 229-2798
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
We're closed for the following holidays: New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
• North American Butterfly Association (NABA) National Butterfly count.
• Hummingbird Moths, often mistaken for “baby hummingbirds," show up at plants.
• Highbush Cranberry and Viburnum start producing fruit and will continue until December.
• First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders early in the month.
• Cicadas start calling early in the month.
• Thistle plants begin to seed; goldfinches gather thistledown for nesting material.
• Mallards and Wood Ducks molt into "eclipse" plumage and are unable to fly for several weeks.
• Fall migration starts this month with returning shorebirds.
• Blackbirds begin to flock and appear at feeders.
• Listen for the feeding screeches of young Barred and Great Horned Owls.
• Look for hummingbirds feeding on Trumpet Creeper and Jewelweed flowers.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.